Important Local Dog Information
Plastic bag dispensers have been placed in the following locations around the Grand Haven Area:
*Entrance and next to the parking lot at Duncan Woods
*Linear Park Entrance on Harbor Island
*City Beach at the end of Grand Avenue
*Near the Imagination Station at Mulligan's Hollow
*At the entrance of Mulligan's Hollow Ski Bowl Service Road
*On the fence at Mulligan's Hollow ball diamond
*One at each entrance of Lake Forest Cemetery (a total of four)
*Behind the fenced-in area of the Waterfront Stadium at the Municipal Marina
*East Grand River Park
*Various locations on the Boardwalk
Existing City Ordinances:
Dog and pet owners are expected to adhere to the following ordinances:
1. All dogs and pets must be on a leash, no longer than six feet (if not retractable), twenty-five feet (if retractable), and under the control of the person holding the leash anywhere in the City except private property (City Code Section 7.1 and 7.4).
2. Dogs are permitted without a leash on the north side of Lake Avenue between the street and the roadway to the water tanks, along the base of the sand dune.
3. Dog or pet feces must be picked up and disposed of properly (City Code Section 7.9).
There are certain areas within the City limits where dogs and pets are prohibited. These areas are specifically posted:
These areas include:
1. The City Beach between the swim buoys (Memorial Day to Labor Day).
2. Central Park
3. On the Pier
4. Farmers Market (while open on Wednesday and Saturday)