Join in the celebrations!
Every season brings an occasion to celebrate in the Grand Haven area. First up in the spring are the Chilly Blues, Lubbers Cup Regatta, and Great Lakes Kite Festival. Summer pops with a premier lineup, including the Spring Lake Heritage Festival, Sand Sculpture Contest, Grand Haven Art Festival, 4th of July Fireworks, Coopersville Summerfest, and the nationally-renowned Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival. Fall is honored with September’s Salmon Festival, Grand Haven Artwalk, GVSU Lakers football games at Lubber's Stadium, and the Famous Pumpkin Train in Coopersville. It may be cold outside, but hearts are warm when the Grand Haven community presents its traditional Jingle Bell Parade to welcome Santa and Mrs. Claus. Attending Winterfest in January is a long standing tradition, as families enjoy activities such as the cardboard sled race and dog pulls.
Join us in celebrating all that makes our area unique and attractive.
Coopersville Annual Outhouse 500 & Chili Cookoff
This outrageous winter festival melts the mid-winter blues away. Teams pick a theme for their outhouse, decorate it and dress accordingly. After a parade, outhouses race 500 feet down Main Street.
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Chili Cook-off inside the Coopersville Farm Museum & Event Center with live music and free kids activities too!
- Youth may register at Daniel’s Family Hair Care to participate in a special outhouse race for kids (we provide small outhouses)
–Thom Eno plays National Anthem on his musical saw
- Parade of all Outhouses
- First Heat of Outhouse 500 begins
- Polar Plunge Dunk following first heat of Outhouse 500
- Second Heat
- Polar Plunge Dunk following second heat of Outhouse 500
- Final Heat
- Toilet Seat Auction will be held while judges determine winners
- Trophies and Awards will be presented (estimated end time: 2:30pm)
Coopersville Chamber of Commerce or Coopersville Farm Museum
|Previous Month||February 2012||Next Month|